chef8275

Im filing taxes and I am wondering where i add a Roth IRA that I started this year and fully funded with 6k? If I add it in box 12 then which letter code do i use.

dmertz

Make sure that you are not confusing a Roth IRA with a Designated Roth Account in an employer's qualified retirement plan.  These two are quite different.  Enter your W-2 exactly as received.

Roth IRA contributions are never reported on a W-2.  A Roth IRA is not an employer plan, it's an individual plan.

Roth IRA contributions are entered only in the Deductions & Credits -> Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions section of TurboTax.

dmertz