turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I am a retired civilian worker for the Department of Veterans Affairs. I am covered for life but pay part of the premium out of my pension. Do I answer yes or no?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
JulieCo

I am a retired civilian worker for the Department of Veterans Affairs. I am covered for life but pay part of the premium out of my pension. Do I answer yes or no?

If your comment that you are "covered for life" is related to the health insurance questions, then you would select the answer related to coverage as the one for "you had coverage all year" (see sample screenshot) and then answer NO for the question related to purchasing the health insurance plan through a marketplace program (example:  healthcare.gov).  See the sample screenshots below.  With these two screens, you should then be done with the health insurance section of TurboTax.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JulieCo

If your comment that you are "covered for life" is related to the health insurance questions, then you would select the answer related to coverage as the one for "you had coverage all year" (see sample screenshot) and then answer NO for the question related to purchasing the health insurance plan through a marketplace program (example:  healthcare.gov).  See the sample screenshots below.  With these two screens, you should then be done with the health insurance section of TurboTax.

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies