turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

esthela_v

I took out an early retirement plan in 2015. Do I need to include it in my 2016 taxes? I haven't received any type of forms. I know the amount for Federal Tax.

I have the Financial Information  from the check stub that was sent to me.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DDollar
Expert Alumni

I took out an early retirement plan in 2015. Do I need to include it in my 2016 taxes? I haven't received any type of forms. I know the amount for Federal Tax.

If you had a distribution (payout) from a profit sharing plan, the plan administrator should have sent you a 1099-R.  If you didn't receive the 1099-R, you should contact the plan administrator and ask for a replacement copy.  The 1099-R has information on it which you will need to report in order to file your tax return.

It should have been reported on your 2015 Tax Return.  If you filed a 2015 Tax Return you should file an amended return. For information on how to amend your return go to

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

If you did not file a 2015 Tax Return you should file one now.  TurboTax Online is no longer available for the 2015 tax year.  For information on purchasing TurboTax Desktop software for tax years prior to 2016 see:

Prior Year Product Purchases

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DDollar
Expert Alumni

If you had a distribution (payout) from a profit sharing plan, the plan administrator should have sent you a 1099-R.  If you didn't receive the 1099-R, you should contact the plan administrator and ask for a replacement copy.  The 1099-R has information on it which you will need to report in order to file your tax return.

It should have been reported on your 2015 Tax Return.  If you filed a 2015 Tax Return you should file an amended return. For information on how to amend your return go to

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288565

If you did not file a 2015 Tax Return you should file one now.  TurboTax Online is no longer available for the 2015 tax year.  For information on purchasing TurboTax Desktop software for tax years prior to 2016 see:

Prior Year Product Purchases

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies