turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Do I need a state tax ID number on a 1099-R (IRA Distribution) before Turbo Tax allows me to e-file Federal and State returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Do I need a state tax ID number on a 1099-R (IRA Distribution) before Turbo Tax allows me to e-file Federal and State returns?

If you do not have a state ID number in box 13, then box 12 and 14 must also be blank.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

If you do not have a state ID number in box 13, then box 12 and 14 must also be blank.

State Tax was withheld (box 12) and Box 13 only lists the state but no Tax id. Box 14 is empty. Turbo Tax will not e-file Fed or State Tax Return without the Tax Id and Bank insists they do not have to provide the Id number (and won't)

You need to call someone higher up at bank as TurboTax is correct, you cannot e-file without the State ID number.  
You need this number.

I would think about moving the money to new bank, after this is resolved.  
There are some states that use the Federal ID but not always, so that is not safe to do that either.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies