turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

BigBob77

What version of turbotax do I need to file 1099 income?

I was paid as a hairstylist (1099), Lyft driver (no 1099 - did not make enough) and W-2 employee.  What version(s) of TurboTax do I need to file?  I had Deluxe and am trying the Self-Employed version but that seems much more than I need as I don't own any of these businesses.  Is Premier the correct version?

Thanks

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyW

If you are using the online version of TurboTax, Self-Employed would enable you to enter both employee and self-employment income and expenses and maximize deductions geared toward self-employment. If you qualify, you may also be able to use the online Freedom edition of TurboTax that includes Schedule C. To qualify, you must have an AGI of 33,000 or less, be on active duty with the military and have an AGI of 64,000 or less, or qualify for the Earned Income Credit. To use the freedom version of TurboTax, go to the website below: http://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/.

The equivalent in desktop software is TurboTax Home and Business. Although all desktop versions include all forms and schedules, Home and Business was designed for self-employment and entering expenses, so it will be the most straightforward software to complete your tax return. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
AmyW

If you are using the online version of TurboTax, Self-Employed would enable you to enter both employee and self-employment income and expenses and maximize deductions geared toward self-employment. If you qualify, you may also be able to use the online Freedom edition of TurboTax that includes Schedule C. To qualify, you must have an AGI of 33,000 or less, be on active duty with the military and have an AGI of 64,000 or less, or qualify for the Earned Income Credit. To use the freedom version of TurboTax, go to the website below: http://turbotax.intuit.com/taxfreedom/.

The equivalent in desktop software is TurboTax Home and Business. Although all desktop versions include all forms and schedules, Home and Business was designed for self-employment and entering expenses, so it will be the most straightforward software to complete your tax return. 

Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies