turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can you help me I do not know to put in the space labeled "Total of all your payments and withholding".

I do not know  what to put in the space labeled "Total of all your payments and withholding".
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
JulieH1

Can you help me I do not know to put in the space labeled "Total of all your payments and withholding".

what state are you doing?
JulieH1

If you are referring to the screen related to refunds received for state/local tax returns, "Total of all your payments and withholding" is the total amount you paid to the state or locality you selected on the screen for that year. The amount would not include federal, social security, and medicare tax withholdings. You should be able to find this information on your state or local tax return(s) for that year. Many states or localities even have a similarly labeled line that is a total, such as "Total payments and credits." Depending on the state or locality, "Total of all your payments and withholding" may include the following:

1. Look on your Form W-2 for 2016. In box 17 of the W-2, you will find your annual state withhold.
  2. Total payments and withholdings are the sums of boxes 17 on your W2 forms, plus any additional estimated taxes paid, in that particular state.
  3. Once you enter the information for state.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies