turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

moranja

If my Broker sent me a 1099-R showing I took RMD $12,500 in 2020, and had $2,500 tax withheld. Where is this accounted for in the Federal Form?

Where do I enter for $12,500 RMD, and $2500 tax withheld on this RMD? Cannot find where to show this info on Federal Return. I have 1099-R
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

If my Broker sent me a 1099-R showing I took RMD $12,500 in 2020, and had $2,500 tax withheld. Where is this accounted for in the Federal Form?

Click on Federal Taxes / Wages and Income / scroll down to  Retirement Plans / click 1099-R Start or Update.

JohnW152
Employee Tax Expert

To enter your RMD and withholding information, just enter your Form 1099-R into TurboTax.  See the TurboTax Help article Where do I enter my 1099-R? for guidance. 

You’ll be given the opportunity to enter all the relevant information on your 1099-R.

You receive, and need to report, a Form 1099-R when you receive $10 or more from a retirement plan. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies