turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

If i was named beneficiary on my sisters pension when she passed last feb. do i need to claim the 1099-r tax on my income tax form?

I have two 1099-r forms in my name from my sisters estate do I need to claim these taxable amounts on my tax form if the Federal tax was already withheld?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
NewGuy

If i was named beneficiary on my sisters pension when she passed last feb. do i need to claim the 1099-r tax on my income tax form?

Yes.  The Federal tax withheld is no different than taxes withheld from your normal paychecks.  It is a down payment against your estimated tax obligation for the entire year.  There is no way to know the exact tax implications of this payment without taking into account all of your income and deductions or credits.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
NewGuy

Yes.  The Federal tax withheld is no different than taxes withheld from your normal paychecks.  It is a down payment against your estimated tax obligation for the entire year.  There is no way to know the exact tax implications of this payment without taking into account all of your income and deductions or credits.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies