Ask the Experts about Life Changes in 2021 >> Event happening TODAY!
hgreen1036

If I took no distribution from a Roth IRA do I have to enter it on my income tax

If I took no distribution from a Roth IRA do I have to enter it on my income tax"
I made monthly contributions but took nothing out.
I am 74 years old.
Thanks

BobinCT

No, you don't need to show it anywhere. But if your income is less than $46,500 (single) or $62000 (married) you may be eligible for a retirement savings credit, so it is worth entering the contributions into Turbotax to let it figure it out.

Do remember that your contributions must not exceed your earned income.

BobinCT