Solved: IF I TAKE OUT A LOAN FROM MY RETIREMENT ACCOUNT AND GET A 1099-R WITH THE DISTRIBUTION CODE M1 IN BOX 7 WILL I HAVE TO PAY A PENALTY FOR EARLY WITHDRAWL?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IF I TAKE OUT A LOAN FROM MY RETIREMENT ACCOUNT AND GET A 1099-R WITH THE DISTRIBUTION CODE M1 IN BOX 7 WILL I HAVE TO PAY A PENALTY FOR EARLY WITHDRAWL?

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Level 3

IF I TAKE OUT A LOAN FROM MY RETIREMENT ACCOUNT AND GET A 1099-R WITH THE DISTRIBUTION CODE M1 IN BOX 7 WILL I HAVE TO PAY A PENALTY FOR EARLY WITHDRAWL?

A code is M1 in Box 7 indicates a early distribution and a qualified plan loan offset . If you are under the age of 59.5 years old you will be assessed  the 10% penalty when your taxes are calculated.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Level 3

A code is M1 in Box 7 indicates a early distribution and a qualified plan loan offset . If you are under the age of 59.5 years old you will be assessed  the 10% penalty when your taxes are calculated.

View solution in original post

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings