Solved: IF I TAKE OUT A LOAN FROM MY RETIREMENT ACCOUNT AND GET A 1099-R WITH THE DISTRIBUTION CODE M1 IN BOX 7 WILL I HAVE TO PAY A PENALTY FOR EARLY WITHDRAWL?

IF I TAKE OUT A LOAN FROM MY RETIREMENT ACCOUNT AND GET A 1099-R WITH THE DISTRIBUTION CODE M1 IN BOX 7 WILL I HAVE TO PAY A PENALTY FOR EARLY WITHDRAWL?

A code is M1 in Box 7 indicates a early distribution and a qualified plan loan offset . If you are under the age of 59.5 years old you will be assessed  the 10% penalty when your taxes are calculated.