Please follow the instructions below to enter the 1099-R and the partly rollover:
- Click the "Federal Taxes" tab on the top
- Click "Wages & Income" on the top
- Click "I'll choose what to work on"
- Scroll down and click "Start" next to "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan (1099-R)"
- Answer "Yes" to the question "Did You Have Any of These Types of Income?"
- Click "I'll Type it Myself"
- Choose "Form 1099-R, Withdrawal of Money from 401(k) Retirement Plans, Pensions, IRAs, etc."
- Click "Continue" and enter the information from your 1099-R
- Answer questions until you get to “What Did You Do With The Money” and choose “I moved it to another retirement account”
- Then choose “I did a combination of rolling over, converting or cashing.”
- Enter the amount that was rolled over.
Please be aware that the whole distribution will show as income in TurboTax on the summary screen which shows gross income, not taxable income. To verify that the entry is correct please look at form 1040 line 4b (taxable amount), only the amount that was not rolled over will show here.