turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

null576

I withdrew $59,406 from my Taxable Account as RMD in 2020. I put $29,406 back and converted $30,000 into a ROTH. How do I report this?

A total of $5,881 was withheld in taxes.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I withdrew $59,406 from my Taxable Account as RMD in 2020. I put $29,406 back and converted $30,000 into a ROTH. How do I report this?

Incorrect Answer deleted

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Unfortunately this is a situation TurboTax does not support on a single 1099-R.

You must split the 1099-R into two 1099-R's both the same except for the box 1 and 2a amounts and box 4.

On one enter only the amount rolled over in box 1 and 2a.  Enter that 1099-R and say you "moved the money" and rolled it all over.

On the 2nd 1099-R enter the amount converted to the Roth in box 1 and 2a and the tax withheld in box 4.    Enter that 1099-R and say you "moved the money" then say you did a contamination of things and enter the amount converted (The box 1 - box 4).

Screen Shot 2021-03-13 at 1.55.59 PM.jpg

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies