Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

chippy12

Is the UPDATE for the Provisions Hurricane Relief Retirement Distributions been done? 1099-R..Hurricane Box is checked and I can't finish my taxes.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Is the UPDATE for the Provisions Hurricane Relief Retirement Distributions been done? 1099-R..Hurricane Box is checked and I can't finish my taxes.

The print version of Form 8915B, Qualified Hurricane Retirement Plan Distributions & Repayments is available in TurboTax.  You will need to print and mail in your tax return as the IRS has not released the e-file version of the form.  The e-file version should be available from the IRS sometime in April.  However, the exact date is unknown at this time.

This form is needed so you won't pay the 10% penalty on early retirement plan distributions.  However, taxpayers over the age of 59 1/2, can uncheck the hurricane box as the early distribution penalty would not apply.

See this TurboTax article Hurricane Victims Get Additional Relief with the Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extensio... for more information.

[Edited 3.24.18 | 10:00 PM]

View solution in original post

7 Replies

The print version of Form 8915B, Qualified Hurricane Retirement Plan Distributions & Repayments is available in TurboTax.  You will need to print and mail in your tax return as the IRS has not released the e-file version of the form.  The e-file version should be available from the IRS sometime in April.  However, the exact date is unknown at this time.

This form is needed so you won't pay the 10% penalty on early retirement plan distributions.  However, taxpayers over the age of 59 1/2, can uncheck the hurricane box as the early distribution penalty would not apply.

See this TurboTax article Hurricane Victims Get Additional Relief with the Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extensio... for more information.

[Edited 3.24.18 | 10:00 PM]

B04

First the update was coming 2/23/18, then it got pushed to 3/1/18 and now it says 3/8/18. I've had my taxes filled out for almost a month waiting on this update. VERY FRUSTRATING!

I was informed yesterday the date was 3/15/2018.

@chippy12 The IRS release date for Form 8915B, Qualified 2017 Retirement Plan Distribution & Repayments, has changed.  The new release date:  3/15/18.

@chippy12 The IRS release date for Form 8915B, Qualified 2017 Retirement Plan Distribution & Repayments, has changed.  The new release date:  3/22/18
TomB

be careful, now TurboTax just passes over the check of this form and allows you to file without an error

@chippy12 @B04 @pgnanaolivu08 @TomB The print version of Form 8915B is now available.  See edited post for additional information.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies