Solved: I was evaled 4 dble lung transplant by Mayo 4-5 hrs from home,I was in hotel min from hosp .Between visits I drove home,how do i figure milege and housing for medical

I was evaled 4 dble lung transplant by Mayo 4-5 hrs from home,I was in hotel min from hosp .Between visits I drove home,how do i figure milege and housing for medical

You can deduct mileage you drove to receive medical care.  If you did not keep track of your odometer, you can probably estimate from a mapping app or web site.  Make a written record of the date, purpose and mileage of each trip and keep it with your tax papers.  

You can also deduct your actual lodging expenses, if the trip was for medical purposes.  Use your actual hotel bills.  

These expenses are all entered as medical expenses on the deductions and credits page and are subject to the 10% or 7.5% limitation   

This is a $50 per night limit on the deductibility of lodging for medical purposes.
Reference: <a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://www.accountingweb.com/tax/individuals/medical-care-deductions-for-meals-and-lodgings-what-yo...>