I want to confirm if my 2018 returns had 401 k contribution deducted from taxable income?

Were they listed on your W-2 form?

401K Contributions come out of your paychecks pretax meaning before taxes and have already been deducted from the wages in box 1 of your W2 and you can't deduct them again.  You only enter them from the W2 box 12 nowhere else,  

If you don’t know whether your gross income (box 1) was already reduced by the 401k contribution you will need to ask your employer.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
**If a post answers your question, choose it by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer".**