I used my post 9/11 GI Bill benefit on my daughter for college. She recieved my benefits through her bank account to pay for the college expenses. Is this taxable?

Also, I was never the primary parent.  Paid Child Support until she was 18, then used the post 9/ll GI Bill for her higher education.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MargaretL

No, education expenses are not tax deductible on your tax return if you are not claiming your daughter as a dependent. The GI BILL would be reported on the return of the person that claims your daughter. If she claims herself, she would report it.

As to the child support, that is never tax deductible nor included as income. 

MargaretL