I try to enter my 1099-G State Refund amount but get error "Already Entered" however nothing appears on Line 10 of my 1040 form. I did enter it as paid estimated tax.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I try to enter my 1099-G State Refund amount but get error "Already Entered" however nothing appears on Line 10 of my 1040 form. I did enter it as paid estimated tax.

In prior year I had no problem entering the State Refund amount but this past year was the first I let the state apply the amount to estimated taxes.  I entered that in the estimated tax area and it said it was NOT common but I needed to enter it.  Is that what is not allowing me to enter the Refund in the 1099-G income area?

8 Replies
Highlighted
Level 15

@gklipp
That should not affect that "Already Entered" notice...(I tried it)

Go to Forms Mode,
Open the "Carryover Worksheet"

In the top table, for your state...what are the $ amounts in columns

b...........c................d.................e................f..............g
Highlighted
Level 15

Are you using "Business?
...or Home&Business?
Highlighted

Home & Business...I will try this...thank you
Highlighted

I had to go to FORMS and enter it manually. IT wouldnt let me enter when using their Q&A since it said I already entered my STATE refund.. Must be a bug in my version of TurboTax. 

Highlighted
Level 15

it's an issue in everyone's....but I've been trying to get someone to give me their values on the carryover worksheet , so I can see if it's just a column e entry...or something else.
Highlighted

thank you
Highlighted

How do you go to forms and enter it?
Highlighted

you can only go to forms if you have the PC based software, you can't enter manually with online TTX
v
Privacy Settings