Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I took out a loan on my 401K plan this past year. Do I have to include that when I file my taxes or not because I'm paying it back through payroll deduction.

If I do have to include this can I file my return now and do an amendment later with that in formation. I didn't know if I would get a special form mailed to me with my loan information on it.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I took out a loan on my 401K plan this past year. Do I have to include that when I file my taxes or not because I'm paying it back through payroll deduction.

No you don't report loans on your tax return.  But if you get a 1099R for it then it wasn't really a loan and you have to report it as taxable income.

It was a loan on my 401K through my employer. I am paying it back including interest over the five years that it was taken for. I'm pretty sure its considered a loan but I will definitely keep an eye out just in case for that form. Thanks.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies