dianacormier

I took an IRA inherited RMD and i had the the federal tax taken out before they sent me the check. where in turbo tax am i getting credit for that tax already paid?

The tax withheld on 1099R box 4 is included with all your withholding on 1040 line 64.

You can (and should) preview your return.   To preview your Online return, go to My Account at the top.  Then Tools, then View Tax summary.  Then you can click on Preview My 1040 at the top.  OR click Review near the top of your screen, and then click Summary right below it.  Then Near the bottom of the We Guarantee Your Maximum Refund screen, click the Preview Return link.    

If you want to see all the forms, schedules and worksheets you have to pay any fees first.      https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-b

fanfare

That tax withheld should show on your 1099-R. Did you get it in the mail yet?

dianacormier

Yes I have the 1099-R and I have the tax amount from that.  My concern is on the turbo tax screen deductions and credit i dont see my 1099_r tax listed there.  I want to make sure i am getting credit for that tax already paid.
fanfare

Revisit the 1099-R section to confirm you entered the amount of tax withheld.

Always print a copy of your completed tax return for your records, and review it carefully before e-Filing.