I took an early distribution from an old 401K last...

I took an early distribution from an old 401K last year (all contributions made in PA), while a full time resident now of Virginia. Is this now tax free in VA?

You will pay tax in Virginia.  Although you started and contributed to the account in Pennsylvania, your current residence is Virginia and you will pay taxes on it there.

Even though the contributions were taxed by PA the whole time already ?  PA treats differently than almost all states.  Previously I have been given credit for that which offsets the VA tax...thanks for the reply