lace_a_ly

I teach online for a company in China and will not recieve a 1099. I believe I need to make myself a 1099 as an independent contractor. If so, am I the payer?

MinhT

You do not need to receive a form 1099-MISC to report your self-employment income as a teacher. You do not issue yourself a 1099-MISC either.

You just report the income you received from the company in China as self-employed income under Other self-employed income.

• In business income, just under Type of Income, click on Add Income for this work (see screenshot 1)
  • On the next page, click on the radio button next to Other Self-employed Income (see screenshot 2)
  • Click Continue to enter your income received in cash, checks or bank transfers.

MinhT

lace_a_ly

Thank you so much!!!
MinhT

You're welcome.