I sent my Virginia 763-S (including my DC tax return per the Turbotax instruction sheet). But I received a letter from VA asking for my W-2, 1099 and Schedule INC.

Why did the Turbotax instruction sheet not say anything about the W-2s or other required forms? I depend on Turbotax to tell me this stuff, otherwise why would I be paying this program? What can I do? Can I send a copy of the W-2 or does it need my original form?

VA has been asking for paper copies of these. It may be that they have not received them (such as the W-2) from the employer, so cannot verify (for example) state taxes withheld.

Unless you have an extra (you should if you e-Filed), always send a photocopy. Do not send your taxpayer copy.