turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I seem to be caught in a loop on Turbo Tax form, so that I am not able to edit SSA-1099 information-how can I add my SSA retirement income and taxes paid?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
ShawnaD

I seem to be caught in a loop on Turbo Tax form, so that I am not able to edit SSA-1099 information-how can I add my SSA retirement income and taxes paid?

If you are having issues with this page in TurboTax Online, log out of your account and clear your cookies and cache in your internet browser, then close the browser and re-open it. You can then log back into your TurboTax Online account and enter this form.

To enter 1099-SSA for Social Security:

• Log in to your TurboTax account and select the "Take me to my return" button.
  • On the left menu bar select "Federal".
  • Select "Wages and Income" on the second menu bar. 
  • Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and select "Edit/Add" next to "Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)".

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ShawnaD

If you are having issues with this page in TurboTax Online, log out of your account and clear your cookies and cache in your internet browser, then close the browser and re-open it. You can then log back into your TurboTax Online account and enter this form.

To enter 1099-SSA for Social Security:

• Log in to your TurboTax account and select the "Take me to my return" button.
  • On the left menu bar select "Federal".
  • Select "Wages and Income" on the second menu bar. 
  • Scroll down to the Retirement Plans and Social Security section and select "Edit/Add" next to "Social Security (SSA-1099, RRB-1099)".
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies