peterlarson233

I rolled over some retirement funds, but it looks like TurboTax is handling it as a withdrawal instead of a rollover. Should these funds be listed as "income"?

rjs

Any distribution from a retirement account is income, but it's not necessarily taxable income. Don't rely on the summary screen in TurboTax. Look at your actual Form 1040. An amount that you rolled over should be included in the total on Form 1040 line 4a, but not in line 4b. In addition, the word "Rollover" should appear to the left of the amount on line 4b.

See the FAQ at the following link for instructions to view your Form 1040 in TurboTax Online.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901539-how-do-i-preview-my-turbotax-online-return-before-filing