turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jmarti04

I rolled over money from my pension to a traditional IRA and then converted a portion to a Roth IRA. Am I still qualified for full Retirement savings contribution credit?

Retirement savings contribution credit: I rolled over money from my pension to a traditional IRA. Then I converted a portion to a Roth IRA. Even though these two events count as “distributions,” I believe I am still qualified for this credit.  I read the instructions for and filled out form 8880. Turbotax doesn’t differentiate between a regular cash distribution and a rollover/conversion when it checks credit validity. Please confirm I am allowed to use this credit in my situation.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
dmertz
Level 15

I rolled over money from my pension to a traditional IRA and then converted a portion to a Roth IRA. Am I still qualified for full Retirement savings contribution credit?

With regard to TurboTax asking, "Did you receive any distributions from a retirement plan after 2014?," do not include amounts rolled over or amounts converted to Roth.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
dmertz
Level 15

With regard to TurboTax asking, "Did you receive any distributions from a retirement plan after 2014?," do not include amounts rolled over or amounts converted to Roth.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies