I rolled over from one IRA annuity to another IRA annuity. Then I made an additional non ded. pmt to the 2nd Annuity. Can I claim the non ded. contrib. as Total basis?

I have no questions about the rollover portion of the statement.  I only need to know if the amount I added to the new IRA Annuity can be claimed as the total basis for the IRA section in Turbo Tax.  I had no previous non deductible IRA contributions.

Yes- and you must report it.

You do report nondeductible IRA contributions on your tax return. You cannot just claim them as part of basis when you take the money out. You have to establish the basis (via Form 8606) now.

IRA contributions are reported under:

-Federal Taxes, Deductions and Credits

-Retirement and Investments

-Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions

-Traditional IRA

-With the question, "Any Nondeductible Contributions to Your IRA?"- answer No, as its not asking about this contribution

-You will be given the opportunity to make it nondeductible as you go along in these screens.

Yes- and you must report it.

IRA contributions are reported under:

-Federal Taxes, Deductions and Credits

-Retirement and Investments

-Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions

-Traditional IRA