I rolled over a 403b to a tradional ira and Turbo tax is counting the roll over as income. Why?

By adding the rollover money to my income total (albeit non-taxable) it may affect my medical deductions.

It will show as income on the summary screen which shows gross income, not taxable income.

The income will be reported on line 15a or 16a on the 1040 form (depending on the type of account) with the word “ROLLOVER” next to it if it was a rollover.

The taxable amount will go on line 15b or 16b.  In the case of a rollover, that amount will be zero.

lines 11a/b and 12a/b if 1040A form

lines 11a/b and 12a/b if 1040A form