Solved: I retired in 2017 and made taxable withdrawals from my IRA, Form 8606-T is asking for an explanation. I had no IRA contributions in 2017. How do I respond to this form?

I retired in 2017 and made taxable withdrawals from my IRA, Form 8606-T is asking for an explanation. I had no IRA contributions in 2017. How do I respond to this form?

I imported my Fidelity accounts.  Other than IRA withdrawals, dividends and capital gains, I had no contributions.  Would my Fidelity import, provide any clues as to what the IRS is looking for?  

thank you,

Gary 

Form 8606 generates for certain distributions, as well.  Please see below:

• Distributions from a traditional, SEP or SIMPLE IRA that had nondeductible contributions (excluding rollovers, conversions, recharacterizations, qualified charitable distributions, one-time distribution to fund an HSA, or return of certain contributions);
  • Distributions from a Roth IRA (other than rollovers, recharacterizations, or a return of certain contributions).
To clear the error, please follow these steps:
  • Click Federal Taxes.
  • Click Skip W-2s for now.
  • Click Choose what I work on.
  • Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security.
  • Click Update next to IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R).
  • Click Continue.
  • Choose I'll type it in myself & click Continue.
  • Verify that your Box 7 codes are selected and click Continue.
  • Continue through the interview until you reach a page that says Any Periodic Payments?
  • Click yes on this page and the next page which asks whether payments began in 2017.
  • Repeat the process for all your 1099-Rs.

• Click Federal Taxes.
  • Click Skip W-2s for now.
  • Click Choose what I work on.
  • Click Continue.