turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

DavidM

Where do I report in TurboTax the Traditional IRA distribution taken after age 59 1/2? There is no tax form from the custodian, but I know the amount.

Where do I report in TurboTax the Traditional IRA distribution taken after age 59 1/2? There is no tax form from the custodian, but I know the amount. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

If you took the distribution in 2018, you should have received a 1099-R from your IRA custodian.  Contact them if you didn't, or look for it on their website.

If you took the distribution in 2019, you won't receive the 1099-R until next January, and you'll report it on your 2019 return.

A 1099-R is entered in the  Retirement Plans and Social Security section of Personal Income.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
patnjeff

I recommend contacting your custodian and requesting a new 1099 or asking where you can find a copy on the web
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies