Solved: I received retirement income from the state of MA and I live in NV. Do I need to file a MA tax report

rhj45

I received retirement income from the state of MA and I live in NV. Do I need to file a MA tax report

I don't know what else there is I live in NV and received a 1099-R from MA retirement fund

ToddL

You are not required to file a MA tax return for your MA-originated retirement income. 

Effective for retirement income received after December 31, 1995, federal law prohibits any state from taxing certain retirement income (mainly pension income) unless you are resident of, or domiciled in, that state.

For example, if you receive a pension from your former MA employer and you now reside in NV, MA may not tax your retirement income. Because you are now a NV resident, your retirement income is taxable in NV (if NV had an income tax).

ToddL