turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cskip1956

I received my ist ssa payment on 12/31/2018. I didn't get a 1099-ssa statement. I cant find one on my ssa account page. should I include it on my return this year or not?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I received my ist ssa payment on 12/31/2018. I didn't get a 1099-ssa statement. I cant find one on my ssa account page. should I include it on my return this year or not?

My understanding is that all SSA payments (and other income) received in 2018 must be reported on you 2018 Income Tax Return.  If you have no 1099-SSA I suggest you contact the SSA either via phone or in person, and ask why you did not receive the 1099-SSA.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

My understanding is that all SSA payments (and other income) received in 2018 must be reported on you 2018 Income Tax Return.  If you have no 1099-SSA I suggest you contact the SSA either via phone or in person, and ask why you did not receive the 1099-SSA.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies