Solved: I received CP2501 asking to confirm social security withholding, I need professional advice on how to answer it. The information the want me to confirm are correct

jakupian

I received CP2501 asking to confirm social security withholding, I need professional advice on how to answer it. The information the want me to confirm are correct

MaryK1

You will want to send a copy of the W2 that you were provided from the employers.  This notice is used when there is a difference between what you report and what your employer reported (and in actuality is usually administrative).  The IRS asks for verification to see if what your employer listed it matches their records.

MaryK1

jakupian

They mentioned that if I agree with the information reported by others (which I do), complete, sign, and date the response form and mail it to them. They did not ask for a copy of W-2. Do you think I still need to send them copies?
MaryK1

I recommend it to my clients just to show the IRS what you received from the employer, but if they did not request you are fine just signing.