samg2020

I received certificate for income tax adjustment with amount I repaid more than 3000. How can deduct the amount in turbo tax. thank you

DanielV01

It depends.  First, review the IRS procedure on claim of right repayments by clicking on the following link:  Repayments (Claim of Right. The website has not yet updated for Tax Year 2017, but the law and treatment has not changed.  You can find this same information in the 2017 PDF version:  Publication 525 - IRS.gov  and going to pages 33 and 34).

If your greater tax benefit is mentioned in Method #1, you may enter it by logging in to your TurboTax account, clicking on Take me to My Return, and then on Deductions & Credits.  Once there, go all the way to the bottom of the screen and follow the instructions you find in the next four screenshots:

DanielV01

Two questions:  Did you itemize last year, and is that figure from Federal or a State Tax adjustment?
samg2020

I did itemize last Year and amount was overpayement which was taxed and I have to pay it after tax. I paid both federal and state tax on that amount
DanielV01

Was this a repayment of income, federal income tax, or state tax?
samg2020

Federal
DanielV01

It was an income adjustment.  Please see my answer and look at the publications which provide excellent guidance.
DanielV01