Solved: I received a W-2 from my exemployer with $0 in all boxes, except box 12 with code DD. I've been retired since 2014. Can I ignore this W-2 or must I list it on my return?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrust723

I received a W-2 from my exemployer with $0 in all boxes, except box 12 with code DD. I've been retired since 2014. Can I ignore this W-2 or must I list it on my return?

In researching this issue, I saw this to be an IRS reporting requirement for employers. However it is NOT an IRS requirement to report the group health insurance premiums on W-2 for retirees.  Now if I include this $0 W-2 in TurboTax I will not be able to file electronically but rather by mail.  

Can I omit this W-2 totally as it is only for information purposes and not taxable in any case or must I disclose it?  

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Vanessa
Level 3

I received a W-2 from my exemployer with $0 in all boxes, except box 12 with code DD. I've been retired since 2014. Can I ignore this W-2 or must I list it on my return?

You can omit this W2 as it will not allow you to enter it and proceed since there is no taxable income reported on it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Vanessa
Level 3

You can omit this W2 as it will not allow you to enter it and proceed since there is no taxable income reported on it. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings