jan357

I received a Statement of Survivor Annuity Paid-1099R. I get to the part where it asks me about RSD and I am not sure what to put there. Need help with this.

MichaelL1

Best to put yes, it is RMD and yes I am taking all the required RMD as it is an Annuity so you are.

RMD is Required Minimum Distribution. 

jan357

I only received a death benefit though- My mom passed away in 2017-June   She was getting annuity payments until she passed away.
MichaelL1

So sorry for your loss.  The answer given will still be the same.
jan357

it asks about receiving payments-1st year u started received payments- my mom received the payments- this is the only $ or pymt I got was death benefit
MichaelL1

This is your first year of receiving payments.