melinda-brown

I received a lump sum payment for Social Security Disability in 1996 in separate payments of 4 or 5 checks. I do not remember how much. What do I need to do?

The question asked in the Social Security section is if you received a lump sum payment during 2017.  If you did not receive a 2017 lump sum payment, answer the question with NO.

fanfare

If you are talking about benefits received in 1996 there is nothing to do. It is way too far in the past.
melinda-brown

Thank you

melinda-brown

My question said 1984 to 2017, thank you anyway

The question on the TurboTax website for Social Security lump sum payments states specifically -
"Tell us if (name) received a lump-sum Social Security payment in 2017 for 2016 or prior years."  So if you did NOT receive a lump-sum Social Security payment in 2017 for a prior year the answer to the question is NO.
I added a screenshot to my answer above showing the screen.