turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I received a lump sum distribution from mom mom's annuity upon death on form 1099-R. Do I enter gross distribution box 1 or 2b from 1099-R for my VA subtraction?

I received a lump sum distribution from mom mom's annuity upon death on form 1099-R.  It does qualify as a Death Benefit Payment for a tax break under Virginia's tax law (I am a VA resident, the death benefit payment is made pursuant to an annuity contract with an insurance company; 2. the payment must be awarded to the beneficiary in a lump sum; and 3. the payment must be subject to taxation at the federal level....What line number or amount do a submit in my VA tax filing from the 1099-R form?  Do I enter gross distribution (box 1) or 2b “taxable” amount?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PhyllisG

I received a lump sum distribution from mom mom's annuity upon death on form 1099-R. Do I enter gross distribution box 1 or 2b from 1099-R for my VA subtraction?

You would enter the amount from box 2a of the Form 1099-R. It is the amount that is deemed to be taxable on the federal level.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
PhyllisG

You would enter the amount from box 2a of the Form 1099-R. It is the amount that is deemed to be taxable on the federal level.

Manage cookies