lsvice

I received a Form 1099-R from Teachers' Retirement System of Oklahoma. The boxes do not match. There are only 11 boxes on my 1099-R. The form given has 14 boxes.

On my form, there are 11 boxes. My form does not include a state ID. When I try to enter the information the form on Turbo Tax has 14 boxes and does not line up, therefore I do not know how to enter the information. 

MarilynG

Most likely like Boxes 1-9 on your 1099-R correspond with  the TurboTax entry, but Box 10 and 11 on your form will be entered as Box 12 and13 in TurboTax.

If there is no State distribution amount or State tax withheld shown on your 1099-R, you won't need to enter any state information.

The State ID number is really the OTRS Federal ID number, which is 73- 6028563. This is from an FAQ in the Oklahoma Teacher's Retirement link below. 

Here's more info about Oklahoma Teacher's Retirement to help you:

https://www.ok.gov/TRS/Frequently_Asked_Questions/IRS_Form_1099R/

Edited 2/17/18 9:45 AM

MarilynG

See Edited answer for more information.