I received a changed 1099 from broker. I have prin...

dcannistra

I received a changed 1099 from broker. I have printed the Federal tax form before receiving the new 1099 but have not sent it in yet. How can i update make this change.

I need to go back into my tax return and adjust an entry after i have paid for and printed my tax return.
How can i make this change before filing?
pattif12

You need to go back into your return and find the section where you need to make a change. Here are the instructions for a 1099-B edit:

To do this, you will need to revisit the input section for the Form 1099-B transactions.  Use the following steps:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “1099-B” and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to 1099-B
  • Click on the blue “Jump to 1099-B” link
  • Click Edit beside the institution name
  • Click Edit beside each transaction that needs to be changed
fanfare

@pattif12  expert:

This does not answer the question of how you actually get back into your return .