turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mcsparer

I received a 1099R for my deceased husband with code 4D in box 7. Do I have to include the taxable amount on my 1040 since it was paid to his Family Trust not to me?

He died in September 2018; the Family Trust was established in October 2018 and all assets from his Revocable Trust as well as this 1099R distribution from Genworth Life and Annuity were moved directly to the Family Trust.  Does this qualify as a 'rollover' so I don't have to pay tax on it now but rather when I receive monthly distributions from the Family Trust in the future?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

I received a 1099R for my deceased husband with code 4D in box 7. Do I have to include the taxable amount on my 1040 since it was paid to his Family Trust not to me?

No - You don't have to include this on your 1040 if it was paid to the Family Trust.  The Trust should include it in their tax return (Form 1041).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mcsparer

Thanks!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies