I received a 1099-R from a Life Ins. Co. It has 7D...

3929smith

I received a 1099-R from a Life Ins. Co. It has 7D for the distribution code - no IRA/SEP/Simple entry. When I checked my 1040 there is no entry in box 4C . Incl. w/ Div?

JamesG1

Is there a taxable amount in box 2a?  Is the code in box 7 of the 1099-R 4c?

dmertz

Does it show up on Form 1040 line 4d?  If the entire amount is taxable it will only appear on line 4d and not on line 4c.  However, it's a bit unusual that the entire amount distributed from a nonqualified annuity or an insurance policy (indicated by the code D) would be taxable since these types of products are purchased with after-tax money.