maxxx1983

I receive SSI disability and I have direct deposit with the social security department but I was informed that I have to relay this information to the IRS i this correct?

I receive only SSI disability well I automatically get a stimulus check?
HelenC12

Yes, you'll automatically get it. The IRS will use the information on the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 to generate Economic Impact Payments to recipients of benefits reflected in the Form SSA-1099 or Form RRB-1099 who are not required to file a tax return and did not file a return for 2018 or 2019.

• This includes senior citizens, Social Security recipients and railroad retirees who are not otherwise required to file a tax return.
maxxx1983

TurboTax inform me on Google that if I'm getting SSI I had to fill out a tax form.

@maxxx1983 wrote:

SSI is Supplemental Security Income.  SSI is not reported on a tax return.

If you are not filing a 2019 tax return and you are not required to file a tax return and you do not receive Social Security benefits, then use this TurboTax website to register for the stimulus - https://turbotax.intuit.com/stimulus-check/

Social Security Retirement/Disability/Survivors benefits are reported on a form SSA-1099

If you receive Social Security benefits, see this US Treasury website - https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm967

ColeenD3

As information is constantly being updated, please see this LINK as well.

@maxxx1983

maxxx1983

The link that you just posted is for SSDI which stands for social security disabled individual. I'm on SSI 

@maxxx1983 wrote:

Go to this IRS website - https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

Denise50_

I'm trying to figure out how do I get my payment I filled out everything I'm on SSI do we receive anything I have direct deposit I gave you all my information I haven't heard anything else about I was accepted but that was it

GiseleD

If you qualify for a stimulus payment and are not required to file a tax return, and you do not receive Social Security income, you can e-file your IRS registration for free with TurboTax to receive your stimulus payment with our Stimulus Registration. Clicking this link will also allow you to estimate your stimulus payment.

If you have already done this and you qualify for the stimulus, you will receive it via the direct deposit information you've submitted. 

The IRS is rolling out the "Get My Payment" tool in mid April. According to IRS.gov, you can use the "Get My Payment" application (coming mid-April) to:

• Check your payment status
  • Confirm your payment type: direct deposit or check
  • Enter your bank account information for direct deposit if we don't have your direct deposit information and we haven't sent your payment yet.

@Denise50_

Denise50_

I hope they come on and give up that $1,200 to people with SSI we need it to because we are low income you follow directions you fill it out only thing he got to do is give it up lectric do gas do water due rent due I just hope they hurry up and give me mines and whoever else that needs it to pay their bills 

MaryK1101

If you receive social security and have direct deposit, you should see your stimulus payment very soon.  Please stay safe!

@Denise50_