jamduffy

I receive a monthly pension from employer pension. I am 72. I don’t understand rmd. Does a qualified pension plan payment count? What and how do I pay it

IsabellaG

Yes, if you are receiving a regular qualified pension from your employer, you are already receiving your RMD. Once you are over 70 1/2 and receiving retirement payments from your former employer's plan, you can answer that the entire amount is RMD. Since you are paid in monthly installments from your plan, all of the payments represent RMD. You don't have to do anything.

See this answer from TurboTax Margaret:https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5037840

IsabellaG