Solved: I quit my job and chose to have my 401K plan sent to me. Where do I enter the state and federal withholdings on turbotax? Can I still use the basic filing method?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shannon31068

I quit my job and chose to have my 401K plan sent to me. Where do I enter the state and federal withholdings on turbotax? Can I still use the basic filing method?

I quit my job and I chose to have the money from my 401K plan sent to me whether than put it in another account. I had them tax the money before it was sent to me. Where do I put the state and the federal with holdings at on Turbotax and should I enter the amount of the check somewhere on there. 

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SweetieJean
Level 15

I quit my job and chose to have my 401K plan sent to me. Where do I enter the state and federal withholdings on turbotax? Can I still use the basic filing method?

Wait for the 1099-R to arrive, and then enter it in Wages and Income; Retirement. It will list the gross, taxes withheld, etc (similar to a W-2).

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SweetieJean
Level 15

Wait for the 1099-R to arrive, and then enter it in Wages and Income; Retirement. It will list the gross, taxes withheld, etc (similar to a W-2).

View solution in original post

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings