turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I quit my job and chose to have my 401K plan sent to me. Where do I enter the state and federal withholdings on turbotax? Can I still use the basic filing method?

I quit my job and I chose to have the money from my 401K plan sent to me whether than put it in another account. I had them tax the money before it was sent to me. Where do I put the state and the federal with holdings at on Turbotax and should I enter the amount of the check somewhere on there. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I quit my job and chose to have my 401K plan sent to me. Where do I enter the state and federal withholdings on turbotax? Can I still use the basic filing method?

Wait for the 1099-R to arrive, and then enter it in Wages and Income; Retirement. It will list the gross, taxes withheld, etc (similar to a W-2).

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Wait for the 1099-R to arrive, and then enter it in Wages and Income; Retirement. It will list the gross, taxes withheld, etc (similar to a W-2).

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies