Ask the Experts about the new tax laws! >> Event happening TODAY!
shannon31068

I quit my job and chose to have my 401K plan sent to me. Where do I enter the state and federal withholdings on turbotax? Can I still use the basic filing method?

I quit my job and I chose to have the money from my 401K plan sent to me whether than put it in another account. I had them tax the money before it was sent to me. Where do I put the state and the federal with holdings at on Turbotax and should I enter the amount of the check somewhere on there. 

Wait for the 1099-R to arrive, and then enter it in Wages and Income; Retirement. It will list the gross, taxes withheld, etc (similar to a W-2).