ericsherman11

I put money into MY IRA for 2017 but TurboTax doesn't seem to be giving me the option of deducting my contribution. How do i do this?

AnnetteB

Include the information about your IRA contributions in your return.  Then, based on your income and other factors, you will be given information about how much (if any) of your Traditional IRA contribution is deductible. 

Use the following steps to go to the section where you will enter your contributions:

• On the top row of the TurboTax online screen, click on Search (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax locate the search box in the upper right corner)
  • This opens a box where you can type in “IRA contributions” (be sure to enter exactly as shown here) and click the magnifying glass (or for CD/downloaded TurboTax, click Find)
  • The search results will give you an option to “Jump to IRA contributions
  • Click on the blue “Jump to IRA contributions” link and enter your information

AnnetteB