You should receive a Form 1099-R for the withdrawal in January or early February. The taxes withheld will shown on the form.
To enter a form 1099-R -
- Click on Federal Taxes (Personal using Home and Business)
- Click on Wages and Income (Personal Income using Home and Business)
- Click on I'll choose what I work on (if shown)
- Scroll down to Retirement Plans and Social Security
- On IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R), click the start or update button
Or enter 1099 r in the Search box located in the upper right of the program screen. Click on Jump to 1099 r