whitebison66

I paid $1,200 Federal Tax on my 1099-R. Where can I add this information on my return?

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

Federal taxes withheld are shown in box 4 of the 1099-R.  If the $1,200 is in addition to the tax withheld on the 1099-R, then enter the amount as an estimated tax payment.

To report the estimated tax payments you made, please follow these steps:

1. Click on Federal TaxesDeductions & Credits.  [In TT Self-Employed:  Personal > Deductions & Credits]
  2. In the Estimates and Other Taxes Paid section, click on the Start/Update box next to Estimates
  3. On the next screen, click on the Start/Revisit box next to the type of tax payment (Federal, State, Local).  
  4. Enter your payment(s) on the next screen, How much did you pay in federal [or state or local] estimated taxes? Select the locality from the drop-down list and enter the amount paid in the box. 

[Edited | 3/31/2020 |  9:43am PDT]

IreneS

UPDATED FOR TAX YEAR 2019

[Edited | 3/31/2020 |  9:43am PDT]