nitinvkumar

I open my own IRA account through my financial institution. They won't send out any statement until June 2020, where do I enter this information? I do not have a 1099R

MinhT1

If you contributed to a Traditional IRA for tax year 2019, you need to enter it in TurboTax. You do not need any rax form.

In TurboTax, you can enter IRA contributions by following these steps:

• In TurboTax, open your tax return
  • Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Deductions & Credits on top of the screen
  • Scroll down to All Tax breaks, locate the section Retirement and Investments and click on Show more
  • Click Start next to Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions.
hbl3973

MinhT1 is correct.  Furthermore, 1099-R's are issued for withdrawals from IRAs not for contributions.  However, you will eventually receive a copy of the Form 5498 that the IRA trustee submits yearly to the IRS which will list your contributions among other things.