• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nitinvkumar

I open my own IRA account through my financial institution. They won't send out any statement until June 2020, where do I enter this information? I do not have a 1099R

2 Replies
MinhT1
Employee Tax Expert

I open my own IRA account through my financial institution. They won't send out any statement until June 2020, where do I enter this information? I do not have a 1099R

If you contributed to a Traditional IRA for tax year 2019, you need to enter it in TurboTax. You do not need any rax form.

In TurboTax, you can enter IRA contributions by following these steps:

• In TurboTax, open your tax return
  • Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Deductions & Credits on top of the screen
  • Scroll down to All Tax breaks, locate the section Retirement and Investments and click on Show more
  • Click Start next to Traditional and Roth IRA Contributions.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
hbl3973
Level 8

MinhT1 is correct.  Furthermore, 1099-R's are issued for withdrawals from IRAs not for contributions.  However, you will eventually receive a copy of the Form 5498 that the IRA trustee submits yearly to the IRS which will list your contributions among other things.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v