davev61

I only have Social security, IRA, dividend and interest income and take the standard deduction. What Turbotax product should if purchase?

SteamTrain

Depends on what else you have...and whether you are going to be using the "Online" software or the "Desktop" software.

Certainly...either platform and "Deluxe" will handle most situations....

Desktop Deluxe will handle more than Online Deluxe

IF using the Online software, Online Deluxe is required if you will be Itemizing Deductions (but you say you re using the Std Ded).

......but Online Premier would be required if you have ANY stock/bond/Mutual fund sales during 2016, or if you get a 1099-DIV form with any entries in boxes 2a,b,c,d..

_________________

I don't know if you can get away with Online Free or not...but you could start with that and upgrade as you go along,,,,but the 1099-DIV with box 2a,b,c,or d, limitation still remains..

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*