Solved: I need to report an IRA rollover. I can't find where to show it as a rollover.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I need to report an IRA rollover. I can't find where to show it as a rollover.

I have a 1099-R.  It shows the full amount taxable but the full amount was rolled over.
1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

When you enter the 1099-R into TurboTax, notice the code in Box 7.  The codes for a direct rollover are "G" or "H" (if a Roth).  TurboTax will pick up on this code and your distribution won't be taxable.

If this was an indirect rollover -- meaning you physically got the check and deposited the funds into another retirement account within 60 days -- then you'll answer TurboTax's question about what you did with the money by checking the box that says you moved the money to another retirement account.  That will also result in it not being included in taxable income.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted

When you enter the 1099-R into TurboTax, notice the code in Box 7.  The codes for a direct rollover are "G" or "H" (if a Roth).  TurboTax will pick up on this code and your distribution won't be taxable.

If this was an indirect rollover -- meaning you physically got the check and deposited the funds into another retirement account within 60 days -- then you'll answer TurboTax's question about what you did with the money by checking the box that says you moved the money to another retirement account.  That will also result in it not being included in taxable income.

View solution in original post

Privacy Settings